The 42nd Post...
Well, for those of you keeping track, this is in fact 29th post. For those of you not keeping track, this can be whatever number of post you want (e.g. 42nd). Not to be confused with 42nd Street, which I don't know anything about because I've never been to New York and I've never seen the show. Nor would I know anything about 52nd Street because I can't remember the Billy Joel song about it; however, I do remember the Simon and Garfunkel song 59th Street Bridge Song (AKA Feelin' Groovy) so I do consider myself somewhat of an authority on that particular subject. I mean, I am aware (as are all the other 59th street specialists) that there is at least one "lamp-post" on the street and not only is it "knowin'", but it has "flowers growin'"; and as we learn from the New Jersey (which is right next to New York) -native Paul Simon in said song it has "no rhymes for me". And furthermore, I know all about the "cobblestone" which one may "kick" "down". So, you can see that when it comes to the 59th Street, I am all over it. But 42nd street, or even 52nd street for that matter, is "a stranger now unto me", and has always been, as far as I can recall. But don't let that confuse you with the 42nd or 52nd post! And Post cereal, that's another box of chocolates, so to speak, although I don't know if they sell chocolate cereal or not, I might have to have my VP look into that for me...
MySpace.com - A Place for Friends. That's what it says at the top of one of their pages; I'm not kidding or adolescenting, that's actually what it says. Now (and later -- mmm, those are pretty good) what they fail to mention is how it's also a place for people who are not friends and who may even be anti-friends, so to speak. But one can expect that because, I mean, if I were trying to get people to use my website and it was a place for people of all three categories (friends, non-friends, and anti-friends, whatever in the world those are) then I would want to focus on the fact that it is a place for friends. That is, as they say, my strong point. Thus we see that the whole Internet is a bad thing and should be, like, burned in a great bonfire. The benefit of that, other than getting rid of the Internet, is that it would release a considerable amount of heat, which would help keep the cold children warm that wander our streets. That's the only thing the Internet is good for.
Note for elucidation: "non-friends", by apparent definition, would include "anti-friends", for "anti-friends" are not friends. But this is not what is meant by "non-friends" in the context; rather, "non-friends" is meant to be people who are neither friends nor "anti-friends", and so therefore might more suitably be called "no-friends" because they have no relationship of type friend, whether that relationship be "pro-friend" (which is the more suitable, favored version of "friend") or "anti-friend". This is the proper categorization of the three groups.
Additional notes (this is really going overboard, one might say): "no-friends" carries problems as a category, for it yields some confusion on the point of meaning that the focal individual of the relationships has no friends, which is not at all an acceptable application of the word. Also, if we have a "no-friends" group, then that means that we must needs have a "friends" group (confusing in its own right) which contains those people with a relationship of type friend, whether that relationship be for or against.
Isn't Dick Van Dyke the man? I have to say, I am one of his biggest fans, a big fan of the D Van D Man. And, uh... Jackie Chan.
Well, to all you listeners out there, thank you for tuning in for... ...this evening's edition of the Grayson, Movie, Review.
Hello.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home